You're not just a Customer: you're a Member!
GEM started in 1932 as a motorists' safety association. Association membership is included when you take out our breakdown cover. Membership is also open to motorists who do not want breakdown cover, but want the member benefits.
So what are the benefits of membership?
All members enjoy the support and advice that comes from GEM's 80 years of experience.
- You can access the exclusive My GEM area of our website, which has a wealth of useful motoring information
- You will also have access to our FREE breakdown app, GEM Motoring Assist, which is available to download from the App Store or Android Market
- You can claim discounts on other services such as insurance, vehicle inspections, airport parking... and lots more.
- You'll receive our lively quarterly magazine 'Good Motoring' and regular e-mail newsletters
- You also benefit from a free Accident Management Service, which helps you deal with any claims or legal process following a traffic accident. Even if you never have to use it, being covered by us means you can decline the expensive legal-cover options offered with your motor insurance policy. So it saves you money.
- There are regular special-offers and promotions for members... keep an eye on the website!
Terms and conditions for GEM membership.
No breakdown cover, just the benefits that come with joining GEM.
NOTE: All people must live at the same address
NOTE: GEM Membership does not include breakdown cover, but...
Our breakdown cover always includes membership!