What does Recovery EXTRA include?
Recovery EXTRA is a personal breakdown recovery service. You will be covered driving any car or motorcycle. You will also be covered if you drive a van with a gross vehicle weight up to 2500 kgs or if your car is towing a caravan or small trailer. This is what's included:
- Home Assistance. If you're at home and your vehicle won't start (or grinds to a halt around the corner) call us for Home Assistance. We'll either fix it there or take it to the nearest garage that can.
- Roadside Assistance. If you break down on your journey, we provide Roadside Assistance. We can do most basic repairs right there.
- Nationwide Recovery. If we can’t repair it at the roadside or we are unable to find a local garage to carry out the repair during that working day we will take you, your vehicle and up to 7 passengers to your destination… anywhere in the UK.
- Onward Travel and Overnight Accommodation. If you're far from home, we can even help with Onward Travel and Overnight Accommodation.
- We don't just assist car breakdowns but also accidents and driver illness.
You're also covered as a passenger, if the vehicle belongs to you. If you're driving a hired or borrowed vehicle, we can help too.
We cover any vehicle excluding vans with a GVW over 2500 kgs, HGVs, LCVs, minibuses, vehicles used for private/public hire or to carry livestock. If in doubt, check the terms and conditions or call our team on 0345 3700 940 to check your vehicle is covered.